Perhaps I shouldn't have raved on so much about summer. Now we seem to have it in excess - the heat at least. Thermometer outside the camper registered 27 C at 9:30 this morning in the campsite, 37.8 C in Ottawa at 3pm. Ugh. At least they never say 'But it's a dry heat!' It's not - my glasses fogged up this afternoon after stepping outside from a cool building.
We've even decided to abandon the camper tonight and stay in a dog friendly, air conditioned hotel in Cornwall. I don't think anyone could sleep in this oppressive atmosphere, and what the heck - we can have a shower, a cold beer, and watch movies from the big bed. Who could ask for more?
The last two days we spent in Algonquin Park though, and it was beautiful. STILL no moose! (What's with this country - I thought we had zillions of the critters, no car was safe on the highways. Guess we'll have to wait til Newfoundland now.) Did some cycling, paddling, hiking, and lots of photography.
If you've wondered why only Norbert figures in any of the photos we post, it's only because I take 1 photo for his 1000, and I have time to upload mine and sort through them. He's devoting the rest of his retirement to sorting his. They may be published in the next century. Unfortunately, he's by far the better photographer, and we're missing out on some fabulous pictures. Oh well, tolerance required on this trip, by both of us.
So, tomorrow? Forecast is for continuing ghastly heat, so we're going to drive all day and aim for cooler climes in the east. Bypassed Ottawa today and will likely leave Montreal and Quebec City too for the fall.
Stay tuned!
Suggestion: sell your photos to Canadian Geographic.
ReplyDeleteSuggestion: double your income by including a 5,000 word memoir, "My Canada."
Suggestion: redouble your income by investing in a trans-Canada pipeline that sends heat out to BC.
Thanks for posting such an enticing blog, Liz. I look forward to my look-see every week.